Looking forward to the big move into our new home in September

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Dear Jane Embroidery

Inge, Ute, Brigitte and Angelika surprised me with this lovely present, when I moved from Duesseldorf last summer. Now I am the lucky owner of this pretty xstitch embroidery and enjoy it every day. The pattern is from Lynda Myers.

My friend Gabi made a fantastic quilttop from Lungis for me. Lungis are woven plaids and stripes, normally worn from men in Bangladesh (her husband is born there)

Actually she is very ill right now with Typhus, they came back from Bangladesh 4 weeks ago. I'm wishing all the best to her. Positive thoughts are more than welcome, friends


3 comments:

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Brigitte, Thank you for coming by for the giveaway. You do beautiful work and what great friends.
Bonnie

Carol E. said...

Oh, I hope and pray that your quilty friend will recover quickly. Typhus! It sounds scary. Best wishes to her and to you.

Berglind said...

I hope your friend will get better! I love her quilt, my club is making a quilt from the same pattern as a gift for one of the member (her 60th anniversary). It's all in blue and white colors, different from this one, but both are so beautiful. Take care!