Looking forward to the big move into our new home in September

Thursday, January 15, 2009

late pictures from my Xmas gift to my friend





See,
this happens when you play with this
tool -
great fun AND: it's free!!!

Monika got this quilttop and the additional fabric for the backside. I planned to made a complexer layout, but had to reduce the expense, due to timeproblems

Do you remember the turquoise quilt I sewed from the sewing themed fabrics I got from my Secret Pal (who is seriously ill right now - greetings, if you are reading my blog, my dear)
I sewed more blocks than I needed and Monika said: perhaps you'll get a quilt, to your 60th Birthday .......... I thought, why not now? I can do that - smile


Here are my first EQ ideas



and the result at the end, simpler ( sorry, Monika):











2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

a lovely gift for Monika...........

Luenetraum said...

Ein sooo schöner Quilt!

Es ist schon etwas ganz BESONDERES
und ich bin nicht nur erfreut, sondern auch gerührt.
Brigitte verwöhnt mich immer sehr liebevoll, das mußte jetzt gesagt werden.
Danke, meine FREUNDIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!