Looking forward to the big move into our new home in September

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mill Girls Quilt-Along

Anne Ida posted on her blog about the Mill Girls Quilt-Along
Jennifer Chiaverini is the famous autor of the Elm Creek books and a great quilter. I was lucky to meet her in Shipshewana in November 2oo5, she had a trunkshow at the Dear Jane Retreat. FANTASTIC quilts and very nice woman. Just in time begore Christmas her new book The Wedding Quilt will come out.

Several members of the SBS-and-other-Elm-Creek-Quilts yahoo group are sewing Mill Girls blocks. I tried it and of course my first block turned out to be too small. Didn't think of the scant seam allowance - but the block will find a nice place someday I'm shure (maybe a cushion). Pressing is tricky too .... just my experience
Thanks Anne Ida for helping!


and for your amusement:

can you believe, I noticed it when I looked through the camera! not before ....
But it pointed me to a border idea - time to stop sewing?

4 comments:

Barb said...

Love your blocks...I find that if I take a picture of my quilts, it helps to decide if I like how it is arranged.

GittaS said...

Wunderbar,tolle Farben!
LG
Gitta

Anne Ida said...

It looks wonderful, Brigitte!

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

Liebe Brigitte,
dankeschön du hast mich gerade zum lachen gebracht. Viele Dinge sieht man wirklich besser durch die Linse *lol*
Der Block ist super schön!
liebe Grüße
Bente