Looking forward to the big move into our new home in September

Saturday, October 01, 2011

pictures of work in progress

In February I was lucky to have 3 ( YES: three! ) workshops with the amazing Bonnie Hunter from North Carolina. She wrote 3 books, run a fantastic blog AND last but not least offeres dozens of FREE patterns on her site. If you don't know Quiltville klick on the LINK and enjoy
I learned some really good tricks and had a lot of fun. Birgit Klein from PatchCom, The Blackforest Quilter and Mrs. Schultz-Schwanitz from Nadel und Faden have been wonderful hosts.
I started 3 quilts: Cathedral Stars - here is a first impression

I changed the direction of every other block with red in it - to get a woven effect.
and
Virginia Bound - pic soon, it's nearly done
and
Star Struck


Next January I'll have another workshop with her in -
TADA - drummroll
C A L i F O R N i E N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(My blue heaven, just in case you want to lurk)

If you are wondering, I just cleaned my SD cards of the camera and realzed I never posted pics here.

Today I had a lot of fun at a beaders meeting in Munich
AND
went to the vernissage of a Quilt exhibition of a friend of mine.
Pics tomorrow

No comments: